CME Event: Research-Based Interventions for Falls
Improving Patient Health Outcomes Through
Research-Based Interventions for Falls
CenterPlace Fireside Lounge • 2426 N. Discovery Place, Spokane Valley, WA
September 19, 2012 • 5:30pm–9:00pm
Cost FREE to physicians
EVENT FLYER (pdf)
At the conclusion of this physician education opportunity, participants should be able to:
- Articulate the prevalence of senior falls in Spokane County and its impact on the public's health
- Identify risk factors for falls among older adults
- Describe evidence-based strategies to mitigate fall risks among patients in a clinical setting
- Identify strategies for practical application of fall prevention in existing clinical practice
- Describe 2012 recommendations by the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force around treating fall risks with referrals to exercise or physical therapy and Vitamin D
- Identify answers to questions physicians may have on implementing research-based fall prevention strategies into clinical practice
- Identify practical next steps physicians can take to improve patient health outcomes through research-based interventions for falls
SPACE IS LIMITED
Because this is a physician education opportunity, physicians (primary care, specialty fields, emergency room) will have priority when filling these limited spaces.
Registration deadline: September 14, 2012.
Register here or by calling (509) 324-3613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DINNER WILL BE PROVIDED.
ADA Requests: Please call (509) 324-1530 by September 14, 2012
visit the news archives