FREE Infant & Toddler Developmental Screenings
Do You Have Questions About Your Child’s Development?
The Infant Toddler Network offers FREE Developmental Screenings for infants and toddlers under 3 years of age living in Spokane County.
- Early Intervention Specialists will screen a child’s ability to move, communicate, learn, relate with others, see, hear and eat.
- Several sites are available during January, March, April, May, August, September, October & November 2012.
Call 324-1651 (324-1464 TDD) to schedule your FREE appointment.
For families who live in Deer Park School District call 464-5640; Riverside School District call 464-8366; West Valley School District call 927-1138; Children FIRST/East Valley School District at 924-2850; and Nine Mile Falls School District at 340-4300.
The Spokane Regional Health District, in partnership with the Spokane County Interagency Coordinating Council, hosts these free Child Find events each year. The goal is to identify infants and toddlers whose development may not be within the expected ranges and are therefore in need of further evaluation and assessment. The areas screened will be the five developmental areas under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA):
- Cognitive – ability to learn
- Physical – ability to move, see and hear
- Communication – ability to understand language and express needs
- Social/Emotional – ability to relate with others
- Adaptive – ability to dress, eat and take care of yourself
With parental permission, the results of the screening will be shared with the primary medical provider for the child. Family Resources Coordinators will be available at every site to assist families with additional resources if needed.
visit the news archives