Birth and Death Certificates
Birth and death certificates are $20.00 each.
If ordering online, there is an additional $10 processing fee.
"SPOKANE PUBLIC HEALTH" will appear on your credit card statement when making your purchase online.
Birth certificates are available as follows:
- Spokane City births: 1891 - present
- Washington State births: 1907 - present
Death certificates are available as follows:
- Spokane City deaths: 1891 - present
- Spokane County deaths: 1961 - present
We can also issue electronically filed death certificates from the following counties:
- Online with a credit card: Click Here
- Expedited Online Requests: Click Here
- By mail or in person:
1101 W. College Avenue
Spokane, WA, 99201
8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. | 509-324-1524
Monday to Friday (except major holidays)
Orders placed in person normally take just a few minutes. A completed application must be received to process your request. Each copy of a birth or death certificate is $20, payable by cash, debit or credit card, or money order (payable to Spokane Regional Health District).
Birth Certificate Application (pdf)
Death Certificate Application (pdf)
For other birth and death certificates:
For marriage and divorce records:
- Birth record corrections, home birth registration (in Spokane County only) and paternity affidavits are available.
- Death certificate errors can be corrected with proper documentation.
- Genealogy research for WA State: Washington State Archives. Additional research tips are available upon request.
- All deaths in Spokane County are registered and certified through the Vital Records Office.
- By law, the Health Officer of Spokane County is the official registrar of vital records.
Washington State - Vital Records Laws