Birth and Death Certificates
Birth and death certificates are $20.00 each.
If ordering online, there is an additional $10 processing fee.
"SPOKANE PUBLIC HEALTH" will appear on your credit card statement when making your purchase online.
Birth certificates are available as follows:
- Washington State births: 1907 - present
Death certificates are available as follows:
- Spokane County deaths: 1907 - present
We can issue electronically filed death certificates for all Washington State Counties. Please call us at 509-324-1601 to confirm availability of issuance for any county outside of Spokane County, prior to visiting us in person.
- Online with a credit card: Click Here
- Expedited Online Requests: Click Here
- By mail or in person:
1101 W. College Avenue
Spokane, WA, 99201
8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. | 509-324-1601
Monday to Friday (except major holidays)
Orders placed in person normally take just a few minutes. A completed application must be received to process your request. Each copy of a birth or death certificate is $20, payable by cash, debit or credit card, or money order (payable to Spokane Regional Health District). We do not accept checks.
Birth Certificate Application (pdf)
Death Certificate Application (pdf)
For other birth and death certificates:
For marriage and divorce records:
- Birth record corrections, home birth registration (in Spokane County only) and paternity affidavits are available.
- Death certificate errors can be corrected with proper documentation.
- Genealogy research for WA State: Washington State Archives. Additional research tips are available upon request.
- All deaths in Spokane County are registered and certified through the Vital Records Office.
- By law, the Health Officer of Spokane County is the official registrar of vital records.
Washington State - Vital Records Laws